That one time I fired our QA team
I got a few complaints from developers who didn't enjoy splitting focus between dev and testing, but they admited it was better than before.
DevOps is just cooperation
Any time you hear the word "DevOps" in a sentance, phrase, or title, replace it with the word "Cooperation" and see if it still makes sense.
Humans are Turing complete
Any task we can automate can be performed by a human. This is probably pretty obvious, but has some interesting implications.
Full-length articlesSee also the Daily Commit Archives for shorter, daily content.
- March 5, 2020Talk Notes: Advanced JSON Handling in Go
- February 27, 2020Reader Question: TDD Reading List
- February 15, 2020Using GopherJS with Go Modules
- February 4, 2020Talk Notes: Scrum Isn't Enough (Why DevOps is Essential for Agile Success)
- January 16, 2020My Most Controversial Opinions
- January 16, 2020Talk Notes: Scaling CD Down
- December 19, 2019Go JSON Tricks: JSON Arrays as Go Structs
- December 12, 2019CD Without CI
- December 11, 2019These Days Proper CI is Table Stakes
- December 9, 2019Go JSON Tricks: "Slightly" Custom Marshaling
- December 6, 2019Say Farewell to Forgotten Cleanups
- December 3, 2019Solve Every Problem Twice
- November 27, 2019Simple Go Mocks
- November 21, 20195 Reasons for Code Review
- November 16, 2019How to use GitLab-CI with a GitHub-hosted repository
- November 7, 2019Solo DevOps
- February 28, 2018Dancing Skeletons
- February 7, 2018I don’t know if I had a good day anymore
- October 18, 2017My Reservations about the Agile Principles
- September 25, 2017The Go/HTTP handler impedance mismatch