DevOps isn't about automation
Regadless of how much automation you have (or don't have), if you have hand-offs, you're not doing DevOps.
DevOps is just cooperation
Any time you hear the word "DevOps" in a sentance, phrase, or title, replace it with the word "Cooperation" and see if it still makes sense.
GitFlow is anti-agile
GitFlow is an error-prone waterfall process. It makes continuous integration and continuous deployment impossible. Just avoid it.
The Daily Commit Archive
- November 27, 2021Better code review
- November 26, 2021How can I eliminate technical debt?
- November 25, 2021Types of technical debt
- November 24, 2021Ship better code faster … and cheaper for Black Friday!
- November 23, 2021Mastering Evolutionary Design, Part 2
- November 22, 2021Beware the false premise
- November 21, 2021Counterintuitive ideas
- November 20, 2021Adventures in DevOps: Starting DevOps at Work
- November 19, 2021The thing with agilists and deadlines
- November 18, 2021DevOps from the ears to the brain
- November 17, 2021When is a pull request too big?
- November 16, 2021Mastering Evolutionary Design
- November 15, 2021The importance of finger painting
- November 14, 2021The one code review method to rule them all
- November 13, 2021Staying DRY in a WET codebase
- November 12, 2021DRY can be expensive
- November 11, 2021Readability vs performance
- November 10, 2021Readability is paramount
- November 9, 2021The value of value flow mapping with Steve Pereira
- November 8, 2021Engineering is like high school