The U-Shaped Cell
The Toyota Production System's U-Shaped Cell is a favorite DevOps analogy: Put all the tools within reach of a single developer.
DevOps isn't about automation
Regadless of how much automation you have (or don't have), if you have hand-offs, you're not doing DevOps.
Skip the take-home assessment
Next time you're asked to do a take-home coding assignment for a job application, push back a little.
The Daily Commit Archive
- October 19, 2021Agility is relative
- October 18, 2021BDUF vs emergant design
- October 17, 2021Should we use Kubernetes for our MVP?
- October 16, 2021My thoughts on SAFe (The Scaled “Agile” Framework)
- October 15, 2021Can we parallelize agile?
- October 14, 2021Can we scale agile?
- October 13, 2021Reader response: How does QA fit into DevOps?
- October 12, 2021Has Facebook outgrown "Move fast and break things"?
- October 11, 2021Reader response to: The science of software development
- October 10, 2021Should we use RICE to prioritize our agile backlog?
- October 9, 2021Is Lean really relevant to software development?
- October 8, 2021How does QA fit into DevOps?
- October 7, 2021The science of software development
- October 6, 2021Do you talk to your users?
- October 5, 2021What can we learn from the Facebook outage?
- October 4, 2021What's the least we can do?
- October 3, 2021A simple solution to the confusion between "testing" and "checking"
- October 2, 2021Reader question: What kind of role should I look for when starting a career in DevOps?
- October 1, 2021Are developers blinded by their optimism?
- September 30, 2021The distinction between "testing" and "checking"