Saving the planet, one server at a timeGorjan Jovanoski tells the founding story of AirCare, the mobile app that helps you know what you breath.
Gorjan Jovanoski is the co-founder of AirCare, the mobile app that helps you know what you breathe. He joins me to tell the story of founding AirCare, and share some of the surprises, good and bad, along the way.
In this episode…
- What is AirCare, and what does it do for you?
- What is its business model?
- AirCare’s origin story
- AirCare’s tech stack: Flutter, PHP, MongoDB, DigitalOcian
- Request volume and seasonality
- How to aggregate 35,000 data sources in PHP
- Detecting and responding to a DoS attack
- The software development cycle at AirCare
- Observability at AirCare
- Scaling challenges along the way
- Next steps and objectives