Where do bugs come from?
October 29, 2022Zombies, podcast automation, and where bugs come from.
In this episode, Will and I don our exterminator suits and talk about zombies, podcast automation, and where bugs come from.
In this episode…
- How design and architecture choices can lead to bugs
- Siloed teams solving similar problems with different implementations
- Context of code in peer-review
- Types of testing that can reduce and catch bugs
- Deadlines that force shipping code despite readiness
- Leaving breadcrumbs for future-you
When waterfall isn't waterfall
Frequently, when I hear someone defending "waterfall", and dig deeper they're actually talking about small-a agile.
Your ball team doesn't do 360 reviews
If your team is surprised by their 360 review, this should be seen as a big problem.
What are good KPIs for a dev team?
So some of the bad KPIs, like lines of code, are easy to detect. But how do we choose a good KPI?