DevOps In A Blockchain WorldA discussion of some of the differences, and similarities, between DevOps in a blockchain company, versus others.
This week on Adventures in DevOps, Will and I talk with Vince Reed, Director of DevOps at Polygon Technology, a decentralized Ethereum scaling platform that enables developers to build scalable user-friendly dApps with low transaction fees without ever sacrificing security. They discuss how to build and scale a company that has grown from 40 to over 600 employees in 36 countries in the last year, implementing frameworks, communication, automation, security, and much more.
In this episode…
- Addressing the unknown challenges of scaling and securing blockchain networks
- What skills are the same in blockchain as other industries
- What skills are unique to blockchain compared to other industries
- Building open source software
- The future of Blockchain and DevOps
- Working at Polygon- Building a remote-first company
Don't try fix everything at once
Most teams have many problems that could be fixed. But not all should be fixed. At leat not yet.
Why reproducible builds?
The most common answer I got was that reproducible builds were desirable in case of rollbacks.
Improve your software delivery