DevOps In A Blockchain World
October 20, 2022A discussion of some of the differences, and similarities, between DevOps in a blockchain company, versus others.
This week on Adventures in DevOps, Will and I talk with Vince Reed, Director of DevOps at Polygon Technology, a decentralized Ethereum scaling platform that enables developers to build scalable user-friendly dApps with low transaction fees without ever sacrificing security. They discuss how to build and scale a company that has grown from 40 to over 600 employees in 36 countries in the last year, implementing frameworks, communication, automation, security, and much more.
In this episode…
- Addressing the unknown challenges of scaling and securing blockchain networks
- What skills are the same in blockchain as other industries
- What skills are unique to blockchain compared to other industries
- Building open source software
- The future of Blockchain and DevOps
- Working at Polygon- Building a remote-first company
When waterfall isn't waterfall
Frequently, when I hear someone defending "waterfall", and dig deeper they're actually talking about small-a agile.
Your ball team doesn't do 360 reviews
If your team is surprised by their 360 review, this should be seen as a big problem.
What are good KPIs for a dev team?
So some of the bad KPIs, like lines of code, are easy to detect. But how do we choose a good KPI?