Where to find remote jobs
March 2, 2022Now that Stack Overflow Jobs is being retired, where should you go for remote-friendly tech jobs?
This morning received I an email from Stack Overflow reminding me that their Developer Story feature and Jobs board is being retired. This was originally announced a few months ago, and honestly, it makes me a bit sad. I always found the Stack Overflow Jobs board a great place to look for tech jobs, especially remote-friendly tech jobs.
So with this resource going away, where does that leave us if we’re looking for remote jobs? Here are a few places I’ve found useful in the past. Do you know any other great resources to add to the list?
- RemoteOK includes job listings for many industries, including programming and tech. All jobs on this site accept remote applications, so it’s a great place to go, and the tech-stack specific search I’ve found to be pretty good.
- Indeed offers all kinds of jobs, but has a simple Remote search option.
- LinkedIn Jobs allows filtering by remote jobs. Click in the location field, then seled “Remote”.
- Flex Jobs specializes in all kinds of “flexible” jobs: Flexible or hybrid work location, flexible schedule, etc.
- Monster.com lets you search for “Work from home” jobs. But in my experience, it’s most useful for tech jobs in North America.
Adventures in DevOps 123: Standing Out in the Job Search Process
Strategies you can implement to stand out in a crowded job search process.
Adventures in DevOps 119: How to Navigate the Job Market in DevOps
We discuss various aspects of the current DevOps job market, starting a new job, and growing your career.
Mission: Impossile — Finding a Good Analogy
Not every company wants to hire a super star; also niching down can make you a star in your niche.